Megalithic Tours Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you have read these terms & conditions carefully before you complete your booking form. Once Megalithic Tours have received a written booking form all the persons named on the booking form (“the client(s)”) have entered into a binding contract on the basis of these terms & conditions.
1.Agreement – Agreement on the basis of these terms & conditions take place upon the execution of a receipt by Megalithic Tours of a correctly completed ‘Megalithic Tours Booking Form, accompanied by the agreed payment or deposit
Megalithic Tours reserves the right, in its total discretion and with no need to provide explanations, to decline to accept a booking. In such situation no agreement arises any payments received by Megalithic Tours will be returned. The agreement is between Megalithic Tours and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between those parties. No variation of these terms & conditions shall be applicable unless agreed in writing by Megalithic Tours before the relevant tour. The agreement is governed by English law.
2. Payment – Tour deposits are – 1 day tours £39 – 2 day tours £70 – 4 Day tours £150 longer tours £250 – The full balance must be received by Megalithic Tours by one month before the trip. Please make cheques payable to Megalithic Tours and send them to: Megalithic tours. 50 Cottam Avenue, Ingol, Preston, Lancashire. PR2 3XH.
3. Prices – Although every attempt will be made to keep prices to those displayed in publicity materials, Megalithic Tours reserves the right to modify prices should its costs in relation to the organisation of the tour rise for reasons beyond its reasonable control. If a price is changed, the client(s) will be informed as soon as reasonably possible and the balance of the altered price will be payable on the same terms as was the original price. The prices quoted for any tour are to cover attendance on the tour from arriving at the hotel on the first evening of the tour. The client acknowledges that any transport from a pick-up point to the hotel and from the hotel, if provided, is not considered as part of the tour cost and Megalithic Tours reserve the right to levy a further charge for this transport when quoting a price for the entire tour.
4. Cancellation – All deposits and balances are non-refundable if the place is cancelled by the client. If the tour is cancelled by Megalithic Tours then payments received will be returned. If a tour has to be cancelled through circumstances out of the control of Megalithic Tours, this should be covered by the client’s individual travel insurance (sec 8).
5. Rooming arrangements – Prices are quoted on the basis of two people sharing. A single supplement is payable for all people travelling alone. Megalithic Tours will not, under any circumstance, allocate clients to share. Any arrangements for room sharing is totally the responsibility of the clients and if no person is available for a room share, then a single supplement will be payable in all cases.
6. Variation of Itinerary – All tour itineraries and presented on a pro-forma basis and Megalithic Tours reserves the right to alter tour content at any time without pre-notice.
7. Liability – Megalithic Tours are based in and around ancient and historical sites, which by definition can never be free from hazard. Consequently, the client acknowledges that there are situations in which an accident could occur to a client without Megalithic Tours being at fault and the client accepts that he or she is taking part in a Megalithic Tour his or her own risk. Megalithic Tours only accepts liability for physical injury to a client that is shown to result from negligence on the part of Megalithic Tours. The client acknowledges that other loss, damage and expense (including, without limitation, loss of money, loss or damage to clothes and possessions, losses arising on the cancellation of a booking and the expenses of delay and harm caused other than by the negligence of Megalithic Tours) howsoever arising is not the responsibility of Megalithic Tours and that Megalithic Tours liability is hereby limited.
8. Insurance – The client acknowledges that adequate travel insurance is required to attend a Megalithic Tour and that it is the clients’ responsibility to ensure that their insurance is valid and provides sufficient cover for the period of the Megalithic Tour.
9. Travel documents – The client is exclusively accountable, where required, for ensuring that he or she has all necessary valid travel documents, including passport or proof of ID.
If you have any questions about them please do not hesitate to contact us. “Megalithic Tours” 50 Cottam Avenue, Ingol, Preston, Lancashire. PR2 3XH.